Built in 1303 AD, the fort stands on the banks of river Pennar and covers an area of 30 acres. The majestic gateways at the two ends have embellished pillars and intricate carvings of Gajalakshmi at the top. 17 square bastions which protected the area are still an impressive sight. A special feature of the fort is an ancillary passage allowing people to enter when the main gates are closed.
Often referred to as the gateway to Srisailam or Dakshina Kasi, Sidhout Fort also encompasses beautifully sculpted temples inside its premises. These included Siddheswara, Bala Brahma, Ranganayaka Swamy and a Durga Temple that attracts numerous pilgrims
How to reach : Located near Siddhavatam, around 25 Kms from Cuddapah.