Mines and Geology
A) About the Department :
The Department of Mines and Geology is entrusted with both promotional and regulatory functions for overall development of mineral sector and also collection of mineral revenue to the State chequer. Mines and Geology Department is responsible for ensuring the State’s resources sector is developed and managed responsibility for the benefit of the State. The Department works with its stakeholders to make Andhra Pradesh the destination of choice for responsible resources exploration, development and revenue generation and double digit growth in economy. Its engagement strategies facilitate opportunities for stakeholders to provide input so the department can meet community expectations. The Department of mines and Geology providing a range of services in the regulation of exploration and mining, and strong community engagement. The ADMG concerned is entrusted with both promotional and regularity functions for overall all development of mineral sector and collection of mineral revenue to the State exchequer in their jurisdiction.
B) The main functions of this department are as detailed below:
- Regulating Mineral Revenue to the Government exchequer.
- Enforcement of permit system.
- Processing of Mineral concession applications for the grant of Mining lease, Prospecting Licence and Quarry leases.
- Inspection of working and non-working Mines & quarries as per Act and Rules.
- Arrest of illicit Mining and Transportation of minerals.
- Inspection of Mineral Based Industries and advise to entrepreneurs.
- Submission of proposals for collection of M.R. arrears under R.R. Act.
- Finalisation of M.R. assessments and preparation of D.C.B.
- Field (Mineral) investigation.
C) Geological importance and Mineral wealth of Kadapa District:
Geologically, the Kadapa district forms a part of south-western and southern part of Cuddapah Basin which is named after the town “Kadapa” where the Cuddapah Systems of rocks best developed. Kadapa is endowed with number of minerals such as Barytes, Limestone, Asbestos, Quartz, Quartzite, Ochere, Clay, Steatite, Uranium, Granite, Limestone slabs(black), Dimensional and Building stones.
D) Organogram :
Under the Directorate of Mines and Geolgoy, Kadapa district having the following offices of Mines and Geology.
1) Jurisdiction of O/o the Zonal Joint Director of Mines and Geology :Kadapa Region :
- Kadapa Region :
- Kurnool Region :
2) Jurisdiction of O/o the Deputy Director of Mines and Geology :
- Kadapa Region :
3) Jurisdiction of O/o the Assistant Directors of Mines and Geology :
1. Jurisdiction of O/o the ADMG, Kadapa ( 33 Mandals ) :
2. Jurisdiction of O/o the ADMG, Yerraguntla ( 18 Mandals ) :
E) Staff pattern :
|Sl.No.||Name of the Post||No. of Posts in Office of the ZJDMG||No. of Posts in Office of the DDMG||No. of Posts in Office of the ADMG, Kadapa||No. of Posts in Office of the ADMG, Yerraguntla|
|1||Zonal Joint Director of Mines & Geology||1|
|2||Deputy Director of Mines & Geology||1|
|3||Asst. Director of Mines & Geology||1||1|
|5||Mineral Revenue Officer||1|
F) Schemes / Activities / Action Plan :
It is submitted that this Department is not implementing any schemes to the
Public. This Department is only revenue generation Department.
G) Targets and Achievements :
H) Leases list as on 31.07.2018 :
|Mineral type||Name of Mineral||ADMG, KADAPA||ADMG, YERRAGUNTLA|
|Sub-Total – I||14||21|
|II) Minor Minerals :|
|12||Black Granite Cum.||7||1|
|13||Colour Granite Cum.||12|
|14||Marble / Cbm||5||1|
|16||RM & BS / Cum||56||22|
|18||RM&BS & Dimensional Stone||3||6|
|19||White Shale / Ocher||1||2|
|GRAND TOTAL ( I + II )||147||174|
I. Contact details of the employees :
A detailed list of Employees along with their contact numbers are shown below:-
|Sl. No.||Designation||O/o. DDM&G, Kadapa||O/o. ADM&G, Kadapa||O/o. ADM&G, Yerraguntla|
|3.||Asst. Geologist (RMS)||9100688447||—-||—-|
|5.||Royalty Inspector (RMS)||9100688335||—-||—-|
J. HoD department websites:
The official website of the Mines & Geology Department is www.mines.ap.gov.in.