Y.S.R District being located in Southern Agro Climatic Zone receives normal rainfall of 700 mm. This district is situated between 770 551 and 790 291 of the Longitude and 130 431 and 150 141 N C of Latitudes.
Fishing is also one of the occupation under allied sector of Agriculture of the district. The District comprises (04) Fisheries Government Fish seed Farms consisting of (51) Mandals.
FISHERIES DEPARTMENTAL ACTIVITIES:-
- Fish Seed Rearing and sale of Fish Seed.
- Leasing of 239 Departmental Tanks and 06 Reservoirs.
- Registration of Fishermen Co.Operative Societies and Enrollment of new members.
- Issuing of Licences in Somasila, B.Mattam, Annamayya and Veligallu Reservoirs.
- Implementation of Livelihood support, Welfare and Development Schemes.
- Regulation of Fresh Water Aquaculture Ponds.
- GP Tanks will be leased out by the concerned Grama Panchayaths only.
RESOURCES OF FISHERIES DEPARTMENT:-
FISH SEED FARMS:-
There are 04 Government Fish Seed Farms in the district.
- Fish Seed Farm, Kadapa
- Fish Seed Farm, B.Mattam
- Fish Seed Farm, Rajampeta
- New Fish Seed Farm, Mylavaram (Under Construction)
Fingerlings was reared in the above Government Fish Seed Farms and supply to the Fishermen Co.Operative Societies on free of cost.
- Seed stocking in all potential tanks & reservoirs for enhancing productivity & production by rearing the fish seed to Fingerlings in the Govt. Fish seed Farms and also import of good quality of fish seed fingerlings from approved suppliers and stocked in water received Tanks/ Reservoirs in Y.S.R district under Mission Fingerlings Program on free of cost during 2018-19.
- 92.48 lakhs of Fingerlings stocked in 08 Reservoirs and 06 Tanks under Mission Fingerlings 2018-19.
IRRIGATION (TANKS AND RESERVOIRS):-
The following water resources are under the control of Fisheries Department for leasing of fishery wealth except Grama Panchayath tanks. Grama Panchayath Tanks will be disposed by the concerned Gram Panchayts only.
|S.No.||Category||No.||Total Water Spread Area (TWSA) (in hect)||Effective Water Spread Area (EWSA (in hect)|
LICENCES SCHEME IN RESERVOIRS:-
License issued to the fishermen in the following big reservoirs
- Somasila Back waters issued 335 Nos. and realized an amount of Rs. 1,19,350/-
- Veligallu Reservoir issued 113 Nos. and realized an amount of Rs. 68,930/-
- Brahmasagar Reservoir issued 80 and realized an amount of Rs. 47,600/-
- Annamaiah Reservoir issued 21 and realized an amount of Rs. 8,610/-
FRESH WATER AQUA CULTURE:-
Fresh water Aquaculture with an extent of 12.00 Hectares is under process in the Chaapadu Mandal of Y.S.R District.
FISHERMEN CO.OPERATIVE SOCIETIES:-
There are 36 Fishermen Cooperative Societies with 1877 members and 04 Fisher Women Co.Operative Societies with 128 members were registered along with one District Fishermen Cooperative Society, Kadapa with 36 Primary Fishermen Cooperative Society members.
During the year 2018-19 the fishermen beneficiaries covered for implementation of Welfare schemes (Supply of Nets, Boats, 2, 3 & 4 Wheelers with Icebox and Electronic Weighing Scales)
- 41 SC beneficiaries with 90% subsidy of Rs. 29,92,433/-
- 41 ST beneficiaries with 90% subsidy of Rs. 14,93,069/-
- 171 BC beneficiaries with 75% subsidy of Rs. 1,09,21,488/-
- Sanction of Pensions for 50 years and above Fishermen during the year 2018-19.
- So for 494 pensions sanction by the Fisheries Department of Kadapa.
For more information on Department visit Office Website of Fisheries Department