District Industries Centre
- The District Industries Centre (DICs) programme was started by the Government of India in 1978.
- The objective was to provide all necessary services and facilities to Small Scale Industries at one place.
- Industrial Promotion, Guidance to the entrepreneurs about the technically feasible & economically viable Project Profiles.
- Acts as Nodal Agency for obtaining Statutory Licenses, Clearances, Approvals, Permissions etc., and allotment of Industrial Plots through Single Desk Policy.
- Recommending for allotment of scarce raw materials such as Coal, Rectified/Denatured Spirits to Industries.
- Sanctioning and releasing of Incentives to Industries as per the Guidelines of Industrial Policy of Government.
- Implementation of P.M.E.G.P. (Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme)
Status of Industries in the District:
- There are 30 Large Industries existing in the District with an Investment of Rs. 13,228.37 Crores providing employment to 17,360 persons.
- There are 13 proposed Large Industries under Implementation in the District with the proposed investment of Rs. 19,175.76 Crores & committed employment to 11,289 persons.
- There are 2,711 Micro, Small & Medium Industries existing int he District with an Investment of Rs. 1,100.10 Crores providing employment to 37,581 persons.
For more information, please visit Official Web site www.apindustries.gov.in